Attendance - Attendance on a regular basis is necessary in order for the student to receive the maximum benefit of dance classes.
NO tuition adjustments will be made due to absences, extended or otherwise.
A maximum of 2 make-up lessons may be available for unavoidable absences (illness, death in the family etc.)
Please call the studio when your child is going to be adsent.
A student who developed an injury outside of Andrea in motion inc, may not enter class without written consent form a doctor or parent.
Arrival and Pick-up – Students should arrive and be ready for class at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class time. Students arriving to class 15 min or more late will be required to observe that day for their own safety.
If someone other than the person stated on your child’s registration form is to pick up your child, Andrea must be informed and the person must present photo ID at time of pickup.
Parking – Street parking only. Driveway is for Drop-off or Pick-up only. You may not sit in your car in the driveway. Please respect that the parking spots are reserved for neighboring businesses. Please follow the arrows entering and exiting the driveway.
Dress Code – Students are required to wear their appropriate level uniform to all classes which must be purchased from AIM Studio. Students who are unprepared 2 or more times must sit out of class.
Hair – Female students must have their hair pulled back away from the face and secured neatly in a classical bun. Female students with short hair must wear a headband or hair clips and secure the hair at the back.
Jewelry – Absolutely no jewelry is allowed in class except for post earrings.
Valuable items should not be brought to the studio. Andrea In Motion Inc. will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
Registration - $45 registration fee unless otherwise noted. All students are required to pay their first and last two months to ensure a space in class due to small class sizes. Registration fee & initial deposit is non-refundable.
Tuition - Tuition is due on the 24th of every month. Payments received after the 1st of the month will be billed monthly tuition plus a $25 late fee. Tuition for AIM Studio classes, including initial deposit, is non-refundable.
Credit Cards – We do accept all major credit cards. There is an additional charge to your tuition when using a credit card. *see tuition rates
Classes – AIM Studio reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes based on low enrollment. In the event a class needs to be cancelled, AIM Studio will offer you an appropriate replacement class or offer a credit toward another session.
Studio News and Information – All announcements and changes to schedule will be posted on our website, www.Andreainmotion.com
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Studio Protocol –
· Street shoes are absolutely prohibited in all areas of the studio. Shoes should be removed when entered and placed under benches. Each student must purchase and label a garment bag to leave in hall closet for their jackets, hats and scarves.
· Each student is expected to approach all classes with energy, enthusiasm, and the desire to learn. Students should maintain an open and responsive attitude and apply all corrections given in class.
· Both students and parents should conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a dance school environment. The “Feathered Nest” area is for the use of AIM students only.
· Students who attend a minimum of 2 classes per week will be provided with a cubby where they may keep their ballet shoes and other belongings.
· Students may be dropped off only on their class day prior to their classes in order to study, complete homework or just read and stretch. Any student who is disruptive will no longer be allowed to come early. Students, under the age of 12, must have permission from Miss Andrea.
· If you need to contact Andrea please call or text the studio 718.605.5560, or email, info@Andreainmotion.com. An appointment is needed to discuss any matter and will not be discussed in between classes when there are students present.
Parent Etiquette – If a parent at the studio is contributing in a negative fashion to the overall atmosphere of the studio, a particular class, or is any way attempting to manipulate a teacher or the owner, they will be asked to leave the studio immediately. If the behavior continues, they will be contacted via registered mail that their child has been dismissed from further classes and will not be issued any refunds.
If you have a problem or a complaint an appointment needs to be scheduled with Andrea in order to speak directly to her. If you complain to other parents, they cannot help you. If you are truly unhappy with AIM Studio and do not wish to rectify it, then AIM Studio may not be the place for you.
*AIM Studio reserves the right to refuse service to any student, parent, or legal guardian for any reason, including, but not limited to not adhering to the rules set forth in these policies and procedures.
To provide the proper knowledge to children of all ages and capabilities that will allow them to grow both as a dancer and as a person. To help them discover how to use their own actions and experiences through their dancing in the most safe, pleasant and enjoyable environment. Andrea is committed to her continued professional growth, injury prevention and the development of exciting new programming.